One Day Trip To Enjoy Tuscany and Visit Volterra and San Gimignano
Exclusive Tour that includes Tuscan Wine Degustation in local Cellar
Please, do not choose us if you like crowded tours.
|DEPARTURE LOCATION||From your Hotel / Accommodation|
|DEPARTURE TIME||Between 8am to 9am (according to you)|
|DURATION||About 8 hours|
|SUGGESTED WEAR||Comfortable athletic clothing, hat, jacket and sunscreen|
From your Hotel / Accommodation
We will pick-up you and your group directly from your accommodation with our comfortable Minivan to reach our first stop through the pictoresque Tuscany Hills.
We will travel along a panoramic road through the countryside of tuscany to arrive to the beautiful Roman and Medieval villages of Volterra and San Gimignano, which seems as though it has been frozen in time.
San Gimignano: Discover The Italian Medieval History
Our first stop will be San Gimignano, a small walled medieval hill town in the province of Siena. Visiting San Gimignano is a unique chance to go back in time, walking along narrow streets, admiring old stone buildings, the 13 remaining towers and loose yourself in a pleasant medieval atmosphere. We suggest to stop in one of the many wine shop of the village to taste the typical local white wine, Vernaccia di San Gimignano, produced from the ancient variety of Vernaccia grape which is grown on the sandstone hillsides of the area. This town is also well known for the production of saffron and for its delicious Golden Ham.
What You Will See during Your Private Tour in San Gimignano
Within the walls, the well-preserved buildings and churches are great examples of Romanesque and Gothic architecture.
Here, we will tell you about the history of the town and of its most famous buildings:
- Piazza della Cisterna, the main square of the town
- the Communal Palace (Palazzo Comunale)
- Piazza Duomo and the Collegiata Cathedral, with its bell tower “Campanile della Collegiata”
- the Church of Sant’ Agostino, housing many artworks from early Italian renaissance artists
- and, obviously, many Towers of San Gimignano
The entire “Historic Centre of San Gimignano” has been declared UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Volterra: an Unforgettable Town to Visit in Tuscany
Volterra is a walled mountaintop town, famous for its alabaster production and for its Etruscan walls of which there are stillstanding ruins.
Volterra is probably one of the most interesting town to visit during your Trip in Tuscany, thanks to its ancient history. In fact, Volterra was inhabited since the Iron Age and has been continuously inhabitated as a city since the 8th century BC, under the Etruscan domination.
During the panoramic road to Volterra, you will see its unique clay hills, where there are a lot of quarries of alabaster. As said, alabaster is one of the most used raw material from local craftsmen to make beautiful handmade artifacts.
What You Will Admire during Your Private Tour in Volterra
Once arrived in Volterra, we will let you admire the impressive Roman Theatre, built during the 1st century bc and excavated in the 1950s, and he will lead you through the narrow streets and small squares of the town to discover:
- Piazza dei Priori, with the famous Palazzo dei Priori
- the Palazzo Pretorio (external)
- the Cathedral of Santa Maria Assunta
- the Etruscan City Walls with the ancient Etruscan port
- the Medicean Fortress
It will be a fascinating walk through Etruscan, Medieval and Renaissance courts, during which you will visit the traditional shops of alabaster and local crafts. In Volterra you will have free time for your shopping or to get lost in the history of this town.
Tuscan Wines: Taste The Italy! (optional)
If you say Italy, you’re saying Wine. The Chianti is probably the most famous Tuscan wine all over the world. But it’s not the only wine in Tuscany.
Guided Tour in Local Wineries: Enjoy Only Original Italian Wine
In Volterra, we will have a wine degustation in a local cellar, with local wines. You can taste the Original Tuscan Chianti, the Vernaccia, the Vin Santo of the Chianti, the Brunello and many other Italian Good Wines.
Discover the Taste of the Original Extra Virgin Olive Oil
An italian degustation is not complete if you don’t taste, with the wine, some local food and a classic slice of bread with the delicious Extra Virgin Olive Oil, produced only with local olives.
Departure From Your Accommodation
Visit in San Gimignano
Visit in Volterra
Tuscan Wine and Olive Oil Degustation
Return at your Accommodation
Prices of The Tour: 480,00€
Request More Info About San Gimignano and Volterra Private Day Tour with Wine Tasting
Terms And Conditions
- Deposit 30% is required at reservation time, by credit card or paypal (in both case 4% more) in order to guarantee your reservation.
- Due payment may be made 15 days in advance by the same way or the day of tour in cash in Euro
- There will be a full charge to your deposit for bookings canceled less than 7 days prior or for no-shows.
- No charge for cancellations made with at least 7 days prior notice. If you are interested in proceeding we will send you the complete terms of service upon request.
- They can also be viewed on the website by clicking the TERMS AND CONDITIONS link at the bottom of any page.
There are no reviews yet.
Leave a Review