Private DayTrip in the Heart of Tuscany to Discover Italian White Truffles
Please, do not choose us if you like crowded tours.
From your Hotel / Accommodation directly in Tuscan Hills
Our private driver will pick-up you and your group directly from your accommodation or from your cruise port (we have pass to reach the cruises inside the port) with our comfortable Minivan to reach the the pictoresque Tuscany Hills.
San Miniato, Vinci and Truffle Private Tour
We will across the heart of Tuscany in direction of San Miniato, a medieval town in the province of Pisa, located halfway between Pisa and Florence. Since the Middle Ages, it has been considered strategic because it is situated atop three small hills, where it dominates the lower Arno valley.
In the Middle Ages, it was already congested because of its position: from one side there were friendly pilgrims passing through along the Via Francigena; from another side, there were armed and hostile people going to fight and defend their hometowns (San Miniato is in the intersection between Pisa, Florence, Lucca and Siena).
Discovering the Historic Centre of San Miniato
Our expert guide will let you enjoy the beauties of this unique town. You will visit the historic centre of San Minato, enclosed within a well-preserved medieval precinct, and you will see:
- the Duomo (Cathedral) of San Miniato, that combines different architectural styles, including Romanesque, Gothic and Renaissance architectural elements. The cathedral’s bell tower is called the Matilde Tower and features an asymmetrical clock
- the ancient tower fortress, the Tower of Frederick, built by Frederick II in the 13th century
- Renaissance lavish palaces, built by such aristocratic families as the Roffia, Grifoni, Formichini and the Bonapartes, ancestors of Napoleon
You will spend your morning touring around the monuments, squares and streets of this marvellous historic centre.
The White Truffles of San Miniato
San Miniato is especially popular for mushroom picking as a rare and expensive type of that grows here called the white truffle. The white truffle is more highly valued than the black truffles found in other regions of Italy, and has very high prices. Because of their cost, restaurant dishes that incorporate truffles may be very expensive.
The main event in San Miniato is the truffle fair that takes place in November, when truffle hunters, chefs, experts and journalists come to taste the local gastronomic speciality and buy truffle but also you can buy it every year around.
We will spend some time for a truffle tour and some local product taste before depart for Vinci.
Vinci: The Birthplace of the Great Leonardo da Vinci
Then we will travel to the birthplace of Leonardo Da Vinci, the small town of Vinci. Once arrived here, we will visit:
- the birthplace of Leonardo da Vinci (Casa Natale di Leonardo), a farmhouse just outside the town. There are some reproductions of his most famous drawings
- museum of Leonardo da Vinci (Museo Leonardiano), where you can see some of the inventions that are drawn in da Vinci’s notebooks
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||From your Hotel / Accommodation|
|DURATION||About 8 hours|
|Group||1-4 People, 5-8 People, Rates subject to 10% more from 1st May to 30th June and 1st September to 15th October|
Departure From Your Hotel or Accommodation
Arrive in San Miniato
Visit the Birtplace of Leonardo da Vinci
Return to Your Accommodation
Prices of The Tour1-4 People: 360,66€
5-8 People: 475,41€
Rates subject to 10% more from 1st May to 30th June and 1st September to 15th October:
Request More Info About Private Truffle Tour in San Minato and Vinci in Tuscany
Terms And Conditions
- Deposit 30% is required at reservation time, by credit card or paypal (in both case 4% more) in order to guarantee your reservation.
- Due payment will be made by cash in EURO the day of the tour.
- There will be a full charge to your deposit for bookings canceled less than 14 days prior or for no-shows.
- No charge for cancellations made with at least 14 days prior notice.
If you are interested in proceeding we will send you the complete terms of service upon request. They can also be viewed on the website by clicking the TERMS AND CONDITIONS link at the bottom of any page.