- Departures from Lucca
- Family friendly
- from Montecatini
- from Pisa
- Private Tour
- Tasting included
- Wine and Food
Private Day Tour in the Heart of Tuscany to Discover Italian White Truffles
On our Private Truffle Tour in San Miniato and Vinci in Tuscany, you will spend a lovely time and taste some authentic white truffles in the village of San Miniato. Moreover, you will visit Vinci, hometown of the famous artist Leonardo.
San Miniato and Vinci on our Private Truffle Tour
Please, do not choose us if you like crowded tours
From your Accommodation to San Miniato and Vinci in the heart of Tuscany
Our driver will pick you up from your accomodation and you will board our comfortable minivan. You will start our Private Truffle Tour in San Miniato and Vinci in Tuscany. On our way to San Miniato and Vinci, you will enjoy the pictoresque Tuscan countryside with its green rolling hills.
San Miniato on our Private Truffle Tour
We will drive through the suggestive Tuscan landscape and reach the medieval village of San Miniato, in the province of Pisa. However, the town is located halfway between Pisa and Florence. Since the Middle Ages, it became quite a powerful town for its strategic position on three small hills, overlooking the lower Arno valley. Because of its position and power, many battles took place in this area and even the German Emperors were here. Moreover, the town became in the years one of the stations hosting pilgrims on their way from England to Rome. Indeed, the pilgrim route called via Francigena from Northern Europe to Rome and Jerusalem passed through San Miniato.
Read more about San Miniato.
Discover the Historic Centre of San Miniato
The town of San Miniato still preserves its historical atsmosphere today with many churches and old building in good conditions. Our expert guide will show you around and point you out the main attractions in the historical centre. During our morning tour in San Miniato, you will admire:
- the Cathedral (dedicated to Santa Maria Assunta and San Genesio), that features a combination of Romanesque, Gothic and Renaissance architectural styles. Torre di Matilde is its bell tower, charatcterized by an asymmetrical clock.
- La Rocca, symbol of the town, also known as the Tower of Frederick II, built in the 13th century and named after the German emperor.
- Renaissance elegant palaces, former residences of aristocrats like the Roffia’s, Grifoni’s, Formichini’s and the Bonaparte’s families.
The White Truffles of San Miniato
Besides its important history, nowadays the small town of San Miniato is famous for the delicate white truffles that can be found in this area. Compared to black truffles, the white ones are more prestigious and grown only in specific areas. For this reason, white truffles are expensive.
Every year a big Truffle Festival takes place in San Miniato. In fact, every year in November, truffle hunters, chefs, experts and journalists come to Tuscany to taste local specialities and buy truffles.
Before leaving for the village of Vinci, we will have the chance to taste some truffles.
Vinci, hometown of the great Leonardo (da Vinci)
After visiting the medieval San Miniato, we will move to Vinci, hometown of the great Leonardo da Vinci (from Vinci). Here we will spen our time visiting:
- the birthplace of Leonardo da Vinci (Casa Natale di Leonardo), located in a farmhouse only 3 km away from Vinci. In the house, you can see reproductions of many of his most famous drawings.
- Leonardo da Vinci Museum (Museo Leonardiano), housing more than 300 works signed by the famous inventor. You will admire here many of his sketches and documentary researches.
The surrounding countryside of this area was often source of inspiration for Leonardo. In fact, he reproduced this beautiful scenery in many of his wonderful paintings.
Itinerary of our Truffle Tour:
Departure From Your Hotel or Accommodation
Arrival in San Miniato
Visit the Birtplace of Leonardo da Vinci
Return to Your Accommodation
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||From your Hotel / Accommodation|
|DURATION||About 8 hours|
Request More Info About Private Truffle Tour in San Minato and Vinci in Tuscany
Terms And Conditions
- Deposit 30% is required at reservation time, by credit card or paypal (in both case 4% more) in order to guarantee your reservation.
- Due payment will be made by cash in EURO the day of the tour.
- There will be a full charge to your deposit for bookings canceled less than 14 days prior or for no-shows.
- No charge for cancellations made with at least 14 days prior notice.
If you are interested in proceeding we will send you the complete terms of service upon request. They can also be viewed on the website by clicking the TERMS AND CONDITIONS link at the bottom of any page.