Enjoy our Private Day Tour to Volterra and San Gimignano
On our San Gimignano and Volterra Private Day Tour from Montecatini with Wine Tasting, you will visit San Gimignano and Volterra. Moreover, you will join a unique wine tasting in an old wine cellar.
Exclusive Private Tour to Volterra and San Gimignano with Wine Tasting in a local cellar
Private tours, Exclusive Experience
Only High Italian Quality Wines
Free Cancellation until 7 days before
Please, do not choose us if you like crowded tours.
|DEPARTURE LOCATION||From your Hotel / Accommodation in Montecatini Center (if you are not in Montecatini Center is subject to charge)|
|DEPARTURE TIME||Between 7:45 am and 8:30 am (according to you)|
|DURATION||Approx. 8 hours|
|SUGGESTED CLOTHING||Comfortable clothing, hat, jacket and sunscreen|
From your Accommodation in Montecatini to the heart of Tuscany
Our driver will pick you up from your accommodation in Montecatini. Then, you will board our comfortable minivan and drive to the medieval town of San Gimignano. The trip will take approx. 1 hour and 15 minutes. You will enjoy a scenic drive through the suggestive Tuscan countryside. Indeed, the landscape hides green hills, cypress trees, farms and fields.
Discover the medieval San Gimignano and its towers
Our first stop will be in San Gimignano. This is a small hilltop town in the province of Siena. Because of the 14 medieval towers, people call it the Manhattan of the Middle Ages. The most powerful families built them to show their wealth to others. Actually, in the 13th century there were 72 towers in San Gimignano. In addition, this town became a rich medieval centre for its location along the Via Francigena. In fact, this was a pilgrim route going from Northern Europe to Rome, through many Tuscan towns like San Gimignano. Today, this place is well known for the white Vernaccia wine. The surrounding area is full of vineyards and olive trees.
What You Will See during Your Private Day Tour in San Gimignano
The historical centre is full of precious buildings. For this reason, it belongs to UNESCO. Among the main attractions, you find:
- Piazza della Cisterna, with a romantic well in the middle,
- the Town Hall (Palazzo Comunale),
- The Collegiata Cathedral, with its bell tower in Piazza del Duomo,
- the Church of Sant’ Agostino, rich of early Italian Renaissance masterpieces,
- and, obviously, the medieval towers of San Gimignano
Discover the old Volterra on our Private Day Tour from Montecatini
Volterra is located in the province of Pisa. It is one of the oldest towns in Tuscany. Indeed, it dates back to more than 3.000 years ago. Today, we still have many historical traces. In truth, we know for sure that the Etruscan population was the first one to settle down here. Afterwards, Volterra became a Roman Village. For this reason, you find both Etruscan ruins like the fortified walls and Roman proofs like the old Amphitheatre. Besides its long history, Volterra is famous for the big alabaster production. This is a very easy stone to model. Nowadays, local artisans use it to create fine handmade jewels.
What you will see in Volterra during our Private Day Tour
In this magical place, our expert guide will lead you. In fact, he/she will show you around and give you information about different sites:
- Piazza dei Priori, with the famous Palazzo dei Priori (the City Hall) and
- the Palazzo Pretorio (external), next to the first tower built in the town,
- the Cathedral of Santa Maria Assunta, a Romanesque church from the XII century,
- the Etruscan City Walls,
- the Medicean Fortress,
- The Roman Amphitheatre, built in the 1st century and excavated in the 50’s.
Moreover, you will have free time for shopping or to get lost in the history of this town.
Discover Volterra on our website.
(Optional) Wine Tasting during our Private Tour
If you wish, we can add a unique experience to our San Gimignano and Volterra Private Day Tour from Montecatini with Wine Tasting. In fact, we can stop in a winery in Volterra, where you will enjoy a guided tour and a good wine tasting. Indeed, you can taste the Original Tuscan Chianti, the Vernaccia (from San Gimignano), the Vin Santo of the Chianti (a sweet dessert wine), the Brunello and many other Italian Good Wines. The wines are combined to local appetizers and a classic slice of bread with Extra Virgin Olive Oil on top (bruschetta).
Itinerary of our Private Tour from Montecatini to Volterra and San Gimignano:
Departure From Your Accommodation
Visit of San Gimignano
Visit in Volterra
Optional: Tuscan Wine and Olive Oil Tasting
Return at your Accommodation
Request More Info About San Gimignano and Volterra Private Day Tour from Montecatini with Wine Tasting
Terms And Conditions
- Deposit 50% is required at reservation time, by credit card or paypal (in both case 4% more) in order to guarantee your reservation.
- Due payment may be made in cash in EURO the day of the tour.
- There will be a full charge to your deposit for bookings canceled less than 48 hours prior or for no-shows.
- No charge for cancellations made with at least 48 hours prior notice. If you are interested in proceeding we will send you the complete terms of service upon request.
- They can also be viewed on the website by clicking the TERMS AND CONDITIONS link at the bottom of any page.