Small Group Tour from Pisa to the Chianti Region
Our Small Group Chianti Lovers Tour from Pisa- 2 Wineries with, Chianti and SuperTuscan will bring you to the Chianti and Supertuscan regions of Tuscany, where you will have the chance to visit two different local wineries and enjoy their wine tastings.
We will visit 2 wineries in the Chianti area and enjoy good Tuscan wine and local food
Slow tour – Please, do not choose us if you like crowded tours. FOR WINE LOVERS
|DEPARTURE LOCATION||Free pick up from your Accommodation in Pisa centre (Selected Hotel)|
|DEPARTURE TIME||9:15 am|
|DURATION||Approx. 7/8 hours|
From 1st April to 30th October
Itinerary from Pisa:
Return to Pisa
Departure from Pisa in a small group
If possible, we will pick you up from your accomodation. If located in a limited traffic area of the city, we will direct you to the closest meeting point available. You will enjoy our Small Group Chianti Lovers Tour from Pisa- 2 Wineries, Chianti and SuperTuscan for the very exclusive experience offered. Indeed, our Small Groups are made up of a maximum of 8 people. That will guarantee you to spend a relaxing day and really enjoy your time in Tuscany.
Get ready for our tour and learn some wine vocabulary!
Chianti Wines and Sangiovese
The most common varieties of grape in the Chianti region are those with red berries. Among these, we find the famous Sangiovese, also used for producing Chianti wines (of all qualities like DOGC, DOC and IGT ). The Sangiovese grape has ancient origins , probably dating baack to the Etruscan period. However, it became popular and well known starting from the 16th century. This kind of grape’s quality varies according to many factors like the weather and even the altitudine. Thanks to its ability to change according to the environment, this grape brings to many results. For example, we can distinguish Sangiovese into two different families according to the grape size:
– Sangiovese Piccolo (small) : the most common one, used for many red wines including Chianti
– Sangiovese Grosso (big) : a finer variety according to many. The famous Brunello of Montalcino is produced with this grape.
Despite its capacity to adapt to different soils, the kind of terrain prefered by the Sangiovese is the medium hilly one with sand and clay.
Super Tuscan wine is also a result of Sangiovese. Indeed it comes from the combination of the local grape of Sangiovese with uncommon blends in Tuscany, like Merlot or Cabernet.
The Chianti Region
When we say Chianti, we refer to the area of the Chianti Hills or Mountains in the Tuscan provinces of Florence, Siena and Arezzo.
The geographical area of Chianti is divided into 8 districts:
– Colli Fiorentini
This tour is the right choice
This small group tour is limited to a maximum of 8 people. That will contribute to make this experience more exclusive. This way you will enjoy spend a lovely day tasting wine in the best wineries we chose for you. For us “best” is not synonimus of “big”. What we plan for you tends to quality rather than quantity. We care about our clients and we love to share with you our expertise together with our personalities.
Our Experts will surprise you!
Request More Info About Chianti Lovers Small Group Tour from Pisa – 2 Wineries Chianti and SuperTuscan
Terms And Conditions
- Deposit 50% is required at reservation time, by credit card or paypal (in both case 4% more) in order to guarantee your reservation.
- Due payment may be made in cash in EURO the day of the tour.
- There will be a full charge to your deposit for bookings canceled less than 48 hours prior or for no-shows.
- No charge for cancellations made with at least 48 hours prior notice. If you are interested in proceeding we will send you the complete terms of service upon request.
- They can also be viewed on the website by clicking the TERMS AND CONDITIONS link at the bottom of any page.