- Family friendly
- San Gimignano
- Shore Excursions
- Shore Excursions From Livorno
- Tasting included
- Visit Tuscany
Private Tour from Livorno to Visit Siena and San Gimignano
On our Siena, San Gimignano & Chianti Wine Shore Excursion from Livorno, you will discover the medieval towns of Siena and San Gimignano. You will spend a lovely day admiring the suggestive Tuscan landscape. If you wish, you can also enjoy a unique wine tasting in special local winery selected for you.
One Day Private Tour To Discover All Tuscany
From the Cruise Terminal in Livorno to The Tuscan Countryside
Since we have access to the cruise terminal in Livorno, we can meet you outside your cruise ship. We will pick you up with our comfortable minivan and start our Siena, San Gimignano & Chianti Wine Shore Excursion from Livorno. On the way to our destination, you will appreciate the charming Tuscan landscape with its green rolling hills and cypress trees. Once in the medieval towns of our program, you will feel like time has stopped for the beauty of the historical background.
Discover the historical Siena on our Private Shore Excursion
In Siena you can walk around the narrow streets ad brick buildings and jump back to the Middle Ages. The historical centre within the fortified walls belongs to UNESCO. The town develops around the main square, Piazza del Campo. This is the heart of the town, where people like to meet in their free time. This square is actually very famous for the yearly horse race called Palio. This competition on follows a very ancient traditions and locals prepare themselves for the event during the whole year. The selected horses belonging to the town’s districts run for three loops of the square. Many people come from abroad as well and fill the square in July and August to watch the race.
Learn more about the Palio.
What you should not miss in Siena
You cannot say you visited Siena if you did not see:
- Piazza del Campo: the heart of Siena, with Torre del Mangia, the town hall tower overlooking the city,
- Duomo of Santa Maria Assunta: the beautiful Cathedral, with a striped white and dark green marble facade. The inside is full of masterpieces signed by famous artists the likes of Donatello, Nicola Pisano, Michelangelo and Pinturicchio. Here you will also visit the Crypt.
- The Baptistery built in 1300 and the baptismal font from the Renaissance period.
San Gimignano, the Manhattan of the Middle Ages
After the visit in Siena, we will drive through the contryside until San Gimignano. People call it the Manhattan of the the Middle Ages for the 14 medieval towers rising from the hill. This towers symbolized wealth and power. Indeed, the most powerful families in San Gimignano used to build high towers to show off their importance. Moreover, this town is located along the Via Francigena, that made it richer during the years. This was a pilgrim route connecting Northern Europe to Rome and Jerusalem.
Additionally, San Gimignano is famous for the Vernaccia, a fine white wine locally produced. Around the area, you will see many vineyards and olive trees.
Taste real Tuscan wines in the Chianti Region (Optional)
To enjoy a full Tuscan experience, it is important to join an authentic wine tasting. We can have a stop at a special winery selected for you in San Gimignano. Here, you will be guided to the wine cellar and taste local wines. Among these, Original Tuscan Chianti, the Vin Santo of the Chianti, the Brunello and many other Italian Good Wines. Of course, you can not miss our bruschetta, a toasted slice of bread with delicious Extra Virgin Olive Oil on top.
|DEPARTURE LOCATION||From the Cruise Terminal in the Port of Livorno (just outside your cruise ship)|
|DEPARTURE TIME||7:45 am (or according to your ship schedule and to you)|
|DURATION||About 9 hours (according to your ship schedule and to you)|
|SUGGESTED CLOTHING||Comfortable clothing, hat, jacket and sunscreen|
Departure From Cruise Port of Livorno
Visit of Siena
Visit in San Gimignano
Chianti Wine and Olive Oil Degustation
Return at the Livorno Port
Prices of The Tour: 520,00€
Request More Info About Siena, San Gimignano & Chianti wine Shore Excursion from Livorno
Terms And Conditions
- Deposit 30% is required at reservation time, by credit card or paypal (in both case 4% more) in order to guarantee your reservation.
- Due payment may be made 15 days in advance by the same way or the day of tour in cash in Euro
- There will be a full charge to your deposit for bookings canceled less than 7 days prior or for no-shows.
- No charge for cancellations made with at least 7 days prior notice. If you are interested in proceeding we will send you the complete terms of service upon request.
- They can also be viewed on the website by clicking the TERMS AND CONDITIONS link at the bottom of any page.